Workshops for March are ON!
Sunday 16th March
Saturday 22nd march
Sunday 23rd March
Saturday 29th March
Sunday 30th March
Naturally Dyed Workshops
Explore the art of natural dyeing using locally sourced plant materials in this eco-friendly experimental workshop. In this workshop, we will share knowledge and investigate
· Which fabrics dye well and why
· How to get dye from natural sources
· How to mordant (fix) the dye to the fabric.
Most importantly you will gain the knowledge to continue experimenting at home.
When Sunday 16th March
Saturday 22nd March Sunday 23rd March
Saturday 29th March Sunday 30th March
How much $100
Where My Studio in Upwey
What to bring
· 100% silk or wool light coloured fabric - preferably second hand but new is okay too.
· 100% linen and cotton will dye but to a lesser degree.
· Fabrics can be in small pieces or long lengths
· Interesting bits of old metal (eg, copper, iron) up to 30cm long - rust is great, as is texture
· Cord, thick wool or metal wire to bind pieces Thread, assorted needles, bulldog clips
· An apron, gloves, notepad and pen
Dyes, mordants and some suitable fabric will be provided. This list is not exhaustive.
If you feel inspired to bring anything else, please do... sharing and swapping of items encouraged!
This is a one day workshop running from 10.00 to 4.30.
Classes are limited to 5 students
Arrangements for payment will be offered once classes are consolidated